Fill In the Blanks - Finance Position
Are you maniacal about Clean Accounting Books? Does Cash Conversion Cycle make your heart sing? Are you all about Fintech, Disruption and Scalable business? The team at Alex the CFO would like to invite you to help rethink the Finance Department in Lebanon and the region.
About the role
You’ll be designing, implementing and managing financial systems- from bill to data entry to dashboard for management and tax reporting: all at the same time.
Your job is to help the most ambitious founders in Lebanon and the region make the best business decisions, across industries like F&B, Fashion, Gaming, Retail, Manufacturing. You will be responsible for setting, improving and maintaining the systems that feed amazing live dashboards, with ratios, numbers and insights. Yes, a financier with a painter’s brush.
You’ll use cutting-edge tech to automate processes for collecting bills using optical recognition systems, collecting bank statements using APIs and overseeing the data flow from physical transaction to cloud-based accounting system and into dashboard. You'll help empower the most ambitious founders with data and insights they would not have dreamed of accessing. Your job is to help make founders dreams come true, in one of the most difficult places for doing business.
You’ll manage and oversee bookkeepers and coordinate with auditors through our online platform to generate reports that will be submitted to authorities, CEOs and boardmembers. You must be comfortable working under extreme uncertainty and limited supervision, in a remote environment where every decision that you make can actually, truly make a difference.
You’ll report directly to the Managing Partner and work closely with Clients. You will be their champion in their quest to improve the productivity of their business, understand their True Cost of Sales, their True Profit by product or business line and help them find their path to scalability.
You’ll work on projects like
- Improving the audit trail and bookkeeping workflows following user actions step-by-step
- Working on client site to help map a manufacturing process and set-up an accounting add-on that would collect raw materials, manhours and other inputs that contribute to their cost of sales
- Write a blog post on Four Things Lebanese Business Owners Can Do Right Now to 5X their Cashflow
- Oversee and implement the systems that are generating an end-of-month P&L for a major retailer, from transporting cash from POS to bank, all the way to monitoring inventory levels; like Xero, Microsoft Dynamics 365 and others
- Oversee the mapping architecture that links the website of a FMCG online retailer to a cloud-based accounting software
- Spreading liquidity ratios for a company by looking at its 5-year historicals and generating recommendations to improve its systems and workflows
- Overseeing the production of audit reports for a group of companies and make sure official deadlines are met
What we're looking for
- BS in finance, accounting, audit or similar
- 2+ years of related experience, preferably in audit or in a related technical field
- On track to getting a CPA or CFA
- You express yourself in English in writing like a native from Wisconsin- you studied finance but you could have very much been an English literature major. That’s how good your writing is
- Sometimes, an hour spent with a good spreadsheet feels more enjoyable than a drink with friends
- You would be ready to laugh at a joke on Depreciation
- You’re known for your exceptional communication skills and business acumen just as much as your technical financial skills
- You feel underutilized, working at a fraction of your capacity, you want to be at the forefront of technology and finance because you see the inevitable disruption coming
- You want to be given more responsibilities, have flexible working hours, work from your home, the coffee shop next door
- You would like to have your own business in the next 3-5 years, but there are so many things you feel you have to learn first and you would like to learn them at someone else’s expense
- You will choose the job title that makes you the most excited, most productive and ready to take on the world
Great things will start happening to you once you join our team.
We’re quietly building a private company that is disrupting corporate finance to help the most ambitious founders in Lebanon and the region. We have repurposed technology to give founders top notch services in a cost efficient manner.
Close to a dozen top CEOs rely on us to handle all their financial needs, everyday. We give them a no-BS high quality financial service to help them reach the next milestone whether in financial advisory, process mapping, compliance and fund raising.
We’re selective and demanding about who we serve.
We value discipline, professionalism, personal leadership and creativity.
We are seeking high caliber individuals who want to help push us to the next level. If you like to move quickly and have a bias for action, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, results-based environment.